Small and intimate Little Makalolo is a jewel of a lodge set in a magnificent private area of Hwange National Park. Wilderness Safaris offer consistantly excellent levels of comfort, guiding and food so guests have the assurance of safari excellence.
Little Makalolo facilities and info
- There are only six comfortably decorated tented suites. They have en suite bathroom facilities with a privately enclosed toilet and an outside shower.
- The whole camp overlooks a busy waterhole.
- The main areas of the lodge comprise of open air dining room, lounge and fire pit for genial evening banter.
- A small splash pool overlooking the vlei is an excellent place to spend an afternoon when the weather is warm.
Game activities at Little Makalolo
- Little Mak is host to a large variety of wildlife - big amd small. Large herds of buffalo and elephant, lion, cheetah and leopard all occur as well the small but no less interesting species of bat eared fox, jackal, spring hare. Birders will be rewarded with over 400 species of birdlife.
- Game drives in open game viewing vehicles are rewarding as the area surrounding Little Mak is dotted with waterholes. The concession has no rivers so these are the life blood of the park especially in the dry months when literally hundreds of elephant clamour for waterhole time.
- Safari walks are done within the Makalolo concession. These are accompanied by a qualified armed guide.